Due to the lockdown, we have limited office hours. These are: Monday - Thursday 09.30 a.m. to 13.30 p.m.



The way to a German university can be done via Primus Fremdsprachen Nürnberg.
You can choose between several options.


You can either study at a classical university or at a technical college. Both FAU and TH Nuremberg are federal institutions of Germany and a dual study programme at university.

You can also combine theory and practice closely. The TH Nuremberg as well as the Paracelsus medical private university of Nuremberg offer you this option.

At the iba und iubh in Nuremberg, the study contents are divided equally for both lectures and the practical implementation at a company. Here, we talk about a “duales Studium(theoretical study and practical experience).

You can choose between the following possibilities:

  1. University (e.g. FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg www.fau.de)
  2. Technical college (partly at TH Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm www.th-nuernberg.de)
  3. Private University (z.B. Paracelsus Medical Private University www.pmu.ac.at)
  4. Dual study programme (e.g. iba www.iba-nuernberg.com and iubh https://www.iubh-dualesstudium.de/standorte/nuernberg/)

How do I apply at university?

For international students with foreign certificates of education there is an application form to be filled in for the authorisation to study.

You can download the form on the website of the university of your choice: (e.g. https://www.uni-muenchen.de/studium/studium_int/studium_lmu/bewerbung/zulassungsantrag_dt.pdf).

The university or the technical college tells you how to enrol (until when an where you have to make the application: either at the university or technical college or via UniAssist (https://www.uni-assist.de) or via anabin (https://anabin.kmk.org/anabin.html)

How long does a study course last?

This depends on whether you want to make a bachelor or a master programme it can last between 3 and 5 years – approbation and dissertation excluded. As a rule the bachelor programme takes 6 semesters and the master 4.

What are the costs of a study course?

For the federal universities and technical colleges you have to pay fees for student services (Studentenwerk) of 116.00 € per semester. Included in this price is your semester ticket which costs 74.00 € and guarantees your mobility in the region.

Tuition fees at private universities vary between 550.00 € per semester at the iba (this amount of money will be paid by the company you work at) and 15, 000.00 € per year at the Paracelsus medical private university (in terms of financing, the university can do this).

Health insurance

There is the possibility of getting a student’s insurance at Klemmer Assekuranz. Expenses per month around 40 euros. If you need help, do not hesitate to ask us.


We can help you with finding a suitable room in a shared apartment or a student dormitory. Expenses per month are around 320 to 500 euros.


These expenses have to be paid by yourself. You can buy food at Aldi or Norma or at an organic food store. 100 euros should be enough to make ends meet.


How can I finance the  study course?

Own resources (blocked account)

If you travel into the country with a visa, you will need proof that you can make a living on your own. For this purpose you can open a blocked account. For further information please visit

Parents support

If you are lucky, your parents can give you money each month for your stay in Germany.


Information centre at the university / technical college


Info here: https://www.nebenjob.de/ratgeber/2471-welche-regelungen-sie-als-student-bei-ihrem-nebenjob-beachten-sollten

How do I find accommodation?

There are certain services of the universities which offer additional help when looking for an apartment. Mostly, this is linked with an enrolment. If you still attend preparation courses for your study such as our primus study college, we would like to help you finding a shared apartment by means of our close connections with local offers.

Which documents do I need?

For the enrolment at university you need an ID card, a passport photo, a valid language certificate (DSH, telc C1 Hochschule), an approved foreign school diploma or evidence that you passed the FSP at study college, possibly a CV.

What are the entry requirements?

You require a certificate which is accepted in Germany for university entrance qualification of your country and proof of a German or in Germany acquired university entrance qualification in form of a passed C1 Hochschule or DSH exam. In order to prepare for FSP you have the possibility to attend a state-run or private study college.

My school diploma is not approved, what now?

In this case you can attend a study college. The study college prepares you for the assessment test (FSP). When you pass the FSP you are entitled to study at a technical college or university. Further information regarding the study college can be found here.

Which visa do I need?

Applicants who want to study, require a national visa. The application has to be made at the embassy of your country.